Thanks for visiting!
We hope you can find resources you need. Our goal is connect you to websites, community programs, services, and events that will make your journey as a parent easier.
5/18-We started our Facebook page first and was thrilled to have one. A couple of weeks ago, when there was that issue with the heartbleed virus, we changed some settings and have had problems everyday since then with our page. So, now we're having fun tweeting away @ daily@14suggestions. We should be close to 100 now. We try to tweet articles we find on the internet everyday that help parents
Look around our website and if you have any comments or questions, please feel free to contact us. We want to address topics and concerns that matter to you. Our email address is email@example.com.
Welcome November:What are your family traditions for the week of Thanksgiving?
1. As kids we use to have to clean a lot. There was spring cleaning and there was Christmas break cleaning.
2. This year we're cleaning for Thanksgiving and Christmas right now. We're going to do a little each week. By times New Year's Eve comes, we'll be ready to ring in the new year with cleaned out closets, nooks, corners, and plied places.
Thoughts of Thankfulness for the balance of the year:
1. We celebrate family and life
2. Were thankful for being born and raised in America inspite of its problems.
3. Who doesn't like Godiva chocolate?
4. We think the commercial with 2 children looking at Christmas ornaments who are talking about their unborn sister and the brother says he's not sure if she will make it for Christmas because mom says "she's still cooking" is adorable
5. We're thankful for holiday traditions that have been preserved for generations that bind
6. We're thankful for Pinterest. We'll be looking for craft projects to do over the holidays.
7. We were thankful we have been blessed to celebrate our 19th anniversary as a nuclear family unit. My how time flies when you're having fun and experiencing life.
8. A warm bed, a roof over our heads, and a place to call home
9. We like the positive message Special K
Cereal commercials is advertising-The message is that all sizes are beautiful
10. Classic Christmas Movies
11. We're thankful that we don't travel Thanksgiving Dinner
12. We like all the Christmas is coming movies we looked forward to watching when
were kids-Frosty the Snowman, The Wizard of Oz, Rudolph the Rednose Reindeer, It's a Won
Wonderful Life-They were our calendar counters-we knew Christmas was around the
corner when we watched at least 3 of them
13. Singing cards
Need a little inspiration, check out CNN-cnn.com-The top 10 CNN Heroes of 2014
The Warrior Work Camp In Santa Clarita -offers Marine style workouts by a former Marine
wholefoodmarket.com-they are delivering in certain areas-check the website for restaurants on the run
tipnut.com-need help cooking for the holidays
vons.com-free delivery is available in some ares and they have 10 top holiday recipes on on there site
Marie Callendars's -is selling meals and prepared Thanksgiving Dinners in a box up
til late this afternoon. They need 24 hours notice subject to availability.
Ebola Coverage-beyond the local news-
2.www.businessweek.com-Ebola in America....
4. For information, the CDC.gov has listed updates-That's the Center for Disease Control and Prevention
MEGANSLAW.CA.GOV-protect your children against sex offenders while you're out trick or treating-the site gives the name and address of registered offenders living in local neighborhoods
3. The Army
5. The Airforce
Last year, we believe Butterball Turkey set up a hotline to answer questions
On radio station 1050 am in the Los Angeles area, Melinda Lee answers questions about food every Saturday morning
1. Help fight hunger by donating to Harvesting Hope at local Stater Bros. Grocery Stores
2.Fred Jordan Mission-in downtown Los Angeles list 7 ways people can volunteer to help the homeless community-www.fjm.org
3.Los Angeles Mission-losangelesmission.org-On their website they list , national and local retailers they partner with to raise funding for their program. You create a shopping account on their website and the retailers automatically make donations based on your purchases.
4. Meet Garth the channel 7 weather man at a Stuff a Bus event-Channel 7 morning news regularly announces the locations
5. Spark of Love-collects toys for in need children every year during Nov. and Dec.-there are donations sites listed on channel 7 and the Spark of love website
6. The Dream Center in Los Angeles provides food and all kinds of needful resources to the area community weekly
7. The Midnight Missin is located in the middle of downtown Los Angeles
MAKINGHOMEAFFORDABLE.GOV/riverside CA-1-888-995-HOPE(4673)-July 22, 2014-Riverside Convention Center-Workshop for mortgage assistance
DECEMBER-Stop by any Crown Ace through Christmas Eve to send a letter to Santa in our North Pole Express mailbox